A new addition to XCOM 2’s tactical strategy, War of the Chosen, has recently been released, significantly expanding and deepening the gameplay of the original. However, in some respects, it made it more difficult. Therefore, if you find yourself in a difficult situation and do not know how to get out of it, then we advise you to use cheat codes.
Note that cheats, codes, and console command XCOM 2: War of the Chosen are different, and not all of them turn heroes into godlike creatures. Some of them simply help improve their financial performance or get valuable personnel into the team, that is, they only simplify the gameplay a little. If you do not want to spoil your impression of the gameplay, then we advise you to use just such cheat codes.
In This Article
How to open the console for entering codes in XCOM 2
Before you can use the cheats, you will need to gain access to the game console. This is pretty easy to do. When it comes to unlicensed version games, then you need to find the shortcut .exe file XCOM 2 right-click on it, click on “Properties” and go to the “Shortcut” section.
Then you need to find the “Object” column and write the following inscription in it immediately after specifying the path to the file: -allow console. Now you should enter the game and press the “~” (tilde) key to open the console. In it, you will need to enter various commands.
Note: if the label didn’t work, you can expand it by writing the following: -allowconsole -log -autodebug –addconsole in the Object column. The console may also not open due to pressing the wrong key – try clicking on “\” or “/”.
If you play licensed version games on Steam, then you will need to look into the game library, and then right-click on the name of the project you need. Then go to the “Properties” section and select “Set launch options” in the menu that appears. Here you will need to enter the familiar labels: -allowconsole -log -autodebug –addconsole. Then you need to enter the game and try to call the console by clicking on the tilde.
When you specify these launch parameters, a separate window with commands should appear during the activation of the game. Do not try to close it, otherwise, the game will also close. If you do not want to write commands yourself, then you can simply copy and paste them into the input field using the Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V combinations. If no symbols appear on the screen, then this means that you are playing the Russian version, which often has a similar bug.
Cheats for engineers and scientists
- giveengineer (n) – add an engineer to the team, where n is the number of engineers.
- givescientist (n) – add a scientist to the team, where n is the number of scientists.
However, let us warn you right away that it will not be possible to add several hundred employees to your team at once. You can try it for fun but save it first.
Immortality and invulnerability codes
- TakeNoDamage – all members of the squad become immortal, that is, immune to any damage.
- WhoseTurnIsItAnyway – squad members will be able to move without any restrictions, but you should use it before you start controlling units, otherwise, you will only be able to get an advantage from it after a turn.
- ToggleGodMode – characters become invulnerable, move without restrictions, and shoot almost without a miss, but this cheat is valid only for one turn. If you choose the action “finish”, then the game will most likely crash to the desktop.
- RemoveFortressDoom DoomToRemove (n) – Allows you to decrease or increase the progress of the Avatar project by a value of n.
- LevelUpBarracks (n) – allows you to increase the level of all soldiers in the barracks by n.
Note that all the codes that affect the battles are valid only during one mission, that is, then they will need to be re-entered.
Cheats for resources
Immediately, we note that to use the codes below, you must have at least one unit of the resources you need. If there are 0 of them, then the command simply will not work.
- giveresource supplies (n) – adds n-amount of materials to the base.
- giveresource alienalloy (n) – adds n-number of alien alloys to the base.
- giveresource eleriumdust (n) – adds n-number of eleriumdust to the base.
- giveresource weaponfragment (n) – adds n-number of weapon parts to the base.
- giveresource Intel (n) – adds n-amount of intelligence data to the database.
No resources at all? In this case, you can use the commands associated with the additem function:
- additem supplies (n) – adds n-amount of materials to the base.
- additem alienalloy (n) – adds n-number of alien alloys to the base.
- additem eleriumdust (n) – adds n-number of eleriumdust to the base.
- additem weaponfragment (n) – adds n-number of weapon parts to the base.
- additem Intel (n) – adds n-amount of intelligence data to the database.
Cheats for getting technologies
To learn new technologies, you first need to get to the XCOM base and then use the givetech (n) command, where n stands for the name of the discovery you need. For instance:
- givetech ModularWeapons – Get modular weapon technology. Below is a list with the names of all technologies:
- MagnetizedWeapons – magnetized weapons
- GaussWeapons – Gauss weapon
- PlatedArmor – Plated Armor
- PoweredArmor – power armor
- PlasmaRifle – Plasma Rifles
- PlasmaSniper – plasma sniper rifles
- HeavyPlasma – heavy plasma
- AlloyCannon – Cast Cannon
- AutopsyAdventStunLancer – autopsy Advent spearman
- AutopsyArchon – Autopsy of Archon
- AutopsyAdventMEC – opening MEC Advent
- AutopsySectopod – opening a Sectopod
- Psionics – psionics
- AutopsyGatekeeper – opening the Gatekeeper
- AutopsyMuton – Mouton Autopsy
Alien corpse codes
In XCOM 2: War of the Chosen, the manufacture of weapons and useful items is carried out using the corpses of aliens, but they often end at the most inopportune moment. Fortunately, with the help of codes, you can correct this annoying misunderstanding – you just need to use the giveresource (n) command, where n is the name of the carcass.
For example, if you enter giveresource CorpseAdventShieldbearer 5, you will get exactly 5 corpses of Advent shield bearers in your inventory, with which you can do whatever you want. Below is a list of all the alien corpses:
- CorpseAdventTrooper – dead body of a soldier
- CorpseAdventStunLancer – dead body of a spearman
- CorpseAdventOfficer – Officer’s dead body Officer
- CorpseAdventShieldbearer – dead body of a shield bearer
- CorpseAdventPsiWitch – “Avatar” dead body
- CorpseAdventMEC – dead body IEC
- CorpseAdventTurret – Turret remains
- CorpseArchon – Archon’s dead body
- CorpseFaceless – Dead body of the faceless
- CorpseSectoid – dead body of a sectoid
- CorpseViper – Dead Body Viper
- CorpseMuton – Mouton’s dead body
- CorpseCyberus – Dead Body of Code
- CorpseBerserker – Dead body of a berserker
- CorpseChryssalid – Dead body of Chrysalid
- CorpseSectopod – Dead body of an octopod
- CorpseGatekeeper – Gatekeeper’s Dead Body
- CorpseAndromedon – Dead body of Andromedon
- EleriumCore – Elerium cores
Weapon upgrades cheat
In this game, from time to time, opponents drop special items that you can use to improve your guns. However, you are unlikely to be able to find more than 30 such upgrades, which, of course, is extremely small. Therefore, we advise you to use the appropriate codes.
Note in advance that all upgrades have 3 quality levels:
- initial (BSc)
- advanced (adv)
- perfect (sup)
Take for example an upgrade that increases a weapon’s magazine:
- additem ClipSizeUpgrade_bsc (n) – an upgrade with an initial increase in the magazine of the weapon in n-quantity.
- additem ClipSizeUpgrade_adv (n) – an upgrade with an advanced increase in the magazine for weapons in n-quantity.
- additem ClipSizeUpgrade_sup (n) – upgrade with a perfect increase in the magazine of the weapon in n-quantity.
In principle, you do not need to first install the initial improvement on the weapon, and then install the advanced one, and so on, so you can immediately take the maximum level upgrades. By the way, below is a list of all the improvements:
- ClipSizeUpgrade is an upgrade that increases the magazine of a weapon.
- FreeFireUpgrade is an upgrade that adds the likelihood that a shot will not consume action points.
- ReloadUpgrade is an upgrade that adds the likelihood that reloading will not consume action points.
- MissDamageUpgrade is an upgrade that adds the likelihood that the target will be damaged even if it misses.
- FreeKillUpgrade is an upgrade that adds the likelihood that the enemy will be killed with one shot, regardless of the number of HP remaining.
- CritUpgrade is an upgrade that increases the chance of critical damage.
- AimUpgrade is an upgrade that increases weapon accuracy.
The game also has individual combat modules that improve certain parameters of the character. Here is a list of them:
- CommonPCSSpeed - normal combat module for speed
- CommonPCSConditioning – normal combat module for cooling
- CommonPCSFocus – normal combat module for focusing
- CommonPCSPerception – normal combat module for perception
- CommonPCSAgility – common combat module for agility
- RarePCSSpeed - rare combat module for speed
- RarePCSConditioning – rare combat module for cooling
- RarePCSFocus – rare combat module for focusing
- RarePCSPerception – rare combat module for perception
- RarePCSAgility – rare combat module for agility
- EpicPCSSpeed - very rare combat module for speed
- EpicPCSConditioning – very rare combat module for cooling
- EpicPCSFocus – very rare combat module for focusing
- EpicPCSPerception – very rare combat module for perception
- EpicPCSAgility – very rare combat module for agility
IDs of various items
In XCOM 2 there are many different products, obtained using a simple console command additem. For example, if you need first aid kits, then just write additem Medikit (n), where n is the number of items. Below we list the most useful things:
- NanofiberVest – a unique lining that increases the strength of body armor (created from nanofibers)
- Medikit – regular first aid kit
- NanoMedikit – Advanced First Aid Kit
- MindShield – Mind Attack Shield
- AssaultRifle_MG – MG assault rifle
- HeavyPoweredArmor – heavy power armor
- AlienGrenad – alien grenade